THE ALCHEMY OF DESIGN
Exploring Materials + Methods from Global Cultures to Tech Trailblazers
February 23 + 24, 2017
Museum of International Folk Art
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Designers and manufacturers can tap into this exciting time of discovery and experimentation and learn about methods and materials for developing inspiring product. This influential and unique industry event will feature experts at the forefront of new technology, as well as those committed to transforming traditional methods and materials.
Included is a tour of the 26,000-piece world class textile and ethnographic dress archive at the Museum of International Folk Art and the graphically rich ceramic, basketry and weaving collections at the Museum of Indian Arts & Culture. These archives are closed to the public – this is an exclusive opportunity to see designs and objects rarely on view. For images and information about the 2015 Summit, click here.
Tickets are $495 per person and include the following:
- Entry into six engaging speaker presentations
- Two hands-on workshops: indigo dyeing with a Nigerian master dyer, master lace-making guild demo and activity
- Behind the scenes tours of two museum collections normally closed to the public
- Complimentary shuttle service to and from the Summit from La Posada de Santa Fe on both days
- Complimentary on-site lunch on Thursday, February 23rd
- Complimentary Dinner, Dancing and Networking Party (guests are responsible for beverage purchases only)
- Attendee gift bag
- Intimate and rich networking opportunities with industry colleagues
- An opportunity to explore a UNESCO designated Creative City
EVENT REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. Please email Pamela at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like an invitation tho the next Museum Design Summit.
Thank you to our generous sponsors!
And thank you to our esteemed advisory panel!
Kimberle Frost (textile designer), Laura Levinson (Valdese Weavers), Robert Nachman, Bobbie Sumberg (textile scholar), Rebecca van Bergen (Nest), Lori Weitzner (Weitzner Limited)